April 29, 2024

A Day in the Life of A Commuting Nursing Student

| Written by Arianna F. |

Hi everyone!

• Are you a nursing student?
  • Are you considering taking the train to school?
  • Do you have time to watch a one-minute video?

If you answered “yes” to any or all of those questions, then I have the video for you! I thought it would be a fun project to film a day in my life as a commuting nursing student so that you can get a taste for what it’s like! On this particular day, I had two classes in the Nursing and Science Building: 1. “Foundations of Nursing Theory” at 8 a.m. and 2. Wellness and Health Assessment Lab” at 12:30 p.m. (which I didn’t include in the video).

I commute to the Rutgers–Camden campus via train. When I have classes in the Nursing and Science building, I get off at the Broadway Station, since it is the closest. If you want to read some tips and tricks for commuting to campus by train, read my post “Ways Commuters Can Be Prepared: Train Edition.”

On a typical day, I wake up at 7 a.m. and take the 7:25 a.m. train to Broadway Station. I go to my first class, study, and take a midday break to eat lunch. Then, it’s back to studying before my next class. I also work in the Rutgers–Camden Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions until 5 p.m. (but, on Friday, we get out at 4:30 p.m.)!

Not all commuters stay on campus all day and you don’t have to, either! Neither do all commuters take the train, I just find it to be the most efficient mode of travel for my schedule. Your experience will be tailored to you. I hope you enjoyed this video and got a feel for my college experience. See you around!