April 28, 2024

Hello Future Scarlet Raptors!

Hello Future Scarlet Raptors!

​My name is Alexis and I am a Raptor Ambassador who graduated as part of the Class of 2020, much like all of you. I understand that during this time, you may have lost a lot of memories that you were looking forward to. I know I did, and I also am struggling with the fact that I feel like I do not have closure regarding these last four years. My heart is with you all, but do not let the current world situation take away from all that you have accomplished! Be proud of yourself and celebrate anyway you can (safely and while social distancing, of course)!

​This will not last forever and although things do not feel exciting right now, you have an amazing four years waiting for you at Rutgers—Camden. Take the time while you are inside to really think about what your goals are for the next four years and how Rutgers—Camden can help you achieve them. Do research; see what programs and activities we have that you would like to join, attend our virtual sessions, or use our chat service to ask us questions! In a way, we are lucky to have this downtime to reflect on our past, look to the future, and think about exactly what we want. 

​For me, I have gotten involved in psychological research that lead to professional conference presentations and a professional publication. I have joined multiple honors societies, I was part of the cheerleading squad, the Raptor Ambassador Program, and the Honors College. I commuted to campus, but still got involved in campus activities. This past year I was hired as a Resident Assistant and was able to live on campus for free! Remember that you can achieve whatever you put your mind to (with a lot of coffee and superb time-management skills of course). Do not forget that everyone at Rutgers—Camden is there for you. All of the faculty members in all departments want you to succeed, so take advantage! 

The class of 2020 represents strength and resilience, so continue to carry that through your college career. Lastly, congratulations to you — be excited about the next chapter!

​​​​​​​With Immense Scarlet Pride,

​​​​​​​​​Raptor Ambassador Alexis K.