May 12, 2024

Why I Chose Rutgers—Camden

Why I Chose Rutgers—Camden

Deciding on what college you want to spend the next 4-6 years of your life is a big challenge. The most important thing to keep in mind is “Will I be happy here?” because at the end of the day, this is the beginning of a new chapter in your life. You want to make sure that you are proud of your school, are satisfied with the financial decision you’re taking on, and enjoy your time there. As corny as it sounds, Rutgers—Camden has everything I could have ever asked for when deciding which college to attend.

Not too Big, Not too Small

I didn’t want to drown in a sea of students to the point where my professors had no idea who I was and I didn’t want to feel like I needed a GPS to find my way around campus, but at the same time I also didn’t want all my classes to be in one building and I didn’t want to feel like all eyes were always on me. The size of Rutgers—Camden is perfect.

The Reality of Money

No one WANTS to be in debt, so money was definitely on my mind when choosing a college. Rutgers—Camden has so many programs that allows students to lower their cost of tuition. Thanks to Bridging the Gap, I was able to put myself through college!

Where are We?

Rutgers—Camden has such a unique location being 1 PATCO train stop away from the city of Philadelphia and 2 PATCO train stops away from cute Mom & Pop shop towns like Haddonfield. So I wouldn’t be trapped on campus and still experience so much!

Good Vibes

The people on campus are what make Rutgers—Camden so unique. The diverse community ranges from people all over the world, from all walks of life, and all with different perspectives. But what is the same about them all, is that they all chose to attend this university. I was excited to have the opportunity to meet new people every day and still be able to see familiar faces at the same time.

Looking back, I can easily say that my 4 years at Rutgers—Camden have been the best 4 years of my life. Is that because I lived on campus and got the movie industry stereotype of “The College Experience”? No, it’s because I made the most of my time here by getting involved, focusing on my studies, making lifelong friends, and evolving along the way. I wish you all the best in your college decision process and hope if you choose Rutgers—Camden, that it brings you as much satisfaction as it did for me.

Written by Arianna F., a Rutgers—Camden Undergraduate Student and Raptor Ambassador.