April 28, 2024

Dear Incoming Students,

Dear Incoming Students,

​First, I want to congratulate you on your acceptance and enrollment to our Rutgers—Camden family. I want you to know that I understand your disappointment with canceled graduations as I am in the same boat, but just know that it is still a big accomplishment with or without a ceremony and you still have college and another graduation in the future to look forward to! Your accomplishments are something to be proud of and you will do great things during your next stop here at Rutgers.

​Rutgers—Camden has provided me with so many opportunities during my time here and has been like another home for me. I started college, as a first-generation student, being shy, and not knowing what to expect. During my first semester, I joined the ambassador program and it completely broke me out of my shell and made me so much more comfortable with my transition from high school to college. The ambassador program eventually provided me with a campus job and lifelong friendships. I came in as a Psychology major and with the help of my advisor graduated as a double major in Psychology and Childhood Studies. Rutgers provided me with internship opportunities and research experience that gave me so many beneficial relationships and experiences to help further my education.

​I know that you will love Rutgers as much as I do. We are such a diverse and inviting campus that so many people, including myself, are proud to be a part of. Besides classes, there is so much more to do here. Between all of our clubs, Greek life, campus activities, and all the surrounding areas like Philly and BB&T pavilion you will never catch yourself being bored.

Good luck on your college journey! I know you’ll do great things!