May 4, 2024

Holiday Recipe: Walnut Peanut Butter Fudge

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. NO, it’s not because of all the presents. It’s because of the FOOD! Every year my grandma makes the perfect dessert: Walnut Peanut Butter Fudge! No matter how full I feel, I always have to have at least one bite of her fudge. If I don’t, it doesn’t feel like Christmas.

Christmas is the only time she’ll make it, so I have to wait all year long just to get another bite! No matter how many times I have tried to make it even with the exact recipe, nothing can top hers — but, you can try! Here’s the recipe for her famous Walnut Peanut Butter Fudge.

First, the ingredients that you’ll need are:
11 tablespoons of butter (softened)
10 oz of peanut butter chips
2 cups of sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup of evaporated milk
½ cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup of chopped walnuts

Then, there are three easy steps to follow!

Step One:

• Get a 9 inch square pan that you can then line with foil and grease with butter.
  • In a heavy saucepan, place in sugar, evaporated milk, salt and 4 tablespoons of butter.
  • Cook and stir this mixture on medium heat until a fast boil begins and then continue to boil for the next 8 minutes while continuing to stir.
  • Add the peanut butter chips until mixture is smooth.
  • Once all of that is done pour this mixture into the pan that was prepared at the beginning of Step 1.
  • Refrigerate this pan for a total of 30 minutes.

Step Two:

• Get another heavy saucepan so you can combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and whatever butter you have left.
  • You want to cook and stir this until it is smooth.
  • You want to bring this to a boil on medium heat.
  • Once the boil begins, remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth again.

Step Three:

• Spread the peanut butter mix even throughout the pan.
  • Sprinkle walnuts in and add more peanut butter mix.
  • Then refrigerate for the next 2 hours.

Voila! You have made yourself your very own walnut peanut butter fudge. I hope that this recipe gives you as much joy as it gives me! You can also find the recipe that my grandmother used on Taste of Home. Have a wonderful holiday season! See you in the New Year!

Written by LeAnne H., a Rutgers—Camden Undergraduate Student and Raptor Ambassador.