May 4, 2024

My Great Rutgers—Camden Adventure

My Great Rutgers—Camden Adventure

After four amazing years as an undergraduate student at Rutgers University—Camden, my time as a Scarlet Raptor is coming to its end. This May, I will be graduating from the College of Arts and Sciences with a triple major in Political Science, Global Studies, and Spanish. As I approach my graduation date, I have a bittersweet mix of emotions. I am excited to complete a life milestone, but at the same time, I feel sad for the good moments and people I will leave behind.

Looking back at my time at Rutgers—Camden, I can say with complete honesty that coming to this campus was one of the best decisions I ever made. From the first moment I walked through the Armitage Hall doors, I felt welcomed and embraced by our small but energetic community. With the help of students and staff, I was able to get acclimated to a new environment and my new life as a college student. In this community, I also learned the true meaning of diversity interacting with students from various backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. I found a second home in the Rutgers community, especially in the Raptor Ambassador Program and the Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity. The friends I made in these two organizations will always have a special place in my heart.

My professors were also a big part of what made my experience at Rutgers incredible. With their expertise, I opened my mind to new ideas while critically analyzing all the new knowledge I was receiving. Professors Giaudrone, Perez-Cortes, Laguna, Shames, and Donaghy were crucial to my success and achievements as an undergraduate. I will always be thankful to them because they not only helped me become a better student but also a better person.

Finally, the opportunities I received were also an important aspect of my college adventure. At Rutgers, I traveled the world and visited countries like Ireland and Peru through the learning abroad program. Moreover, I had the opportunity to do research and obtain internships in the U.S House of Representatives and the U.S Department of Labor. Besides, I was inducted into prestigious honor societies and received thousands of dollars in scholarships and grants.

As I embark on a new chapter, I cannot stop thinking about all the great moments and accomplishments I had as a Scarlet Raptor. My college adventure is almost over, but my life as a proud Rutgers—Camden alumnus is just starting.

Written by Cris P., a Rutgers—Camden Undergraduate Student and Raptor Ambassador.