May 3, 2024

How To Stay Organized

How To Stay Organized

College can be a difficult transition for high school and even for transfer students. It might be hard adjusting to new professors, harder courses, and a new environment. It is best to start out with a plan to stay organized rather than having no plan and potentially falling behind. Here are my personal tips to stay organized in college!

1. Keep all of your syllabi throughout the entire semester. They have important dates and basically map out your entire semester for you.
  2. Use different folders and notebooks for each course. I know that some people like to use one notebook for all classes, but this can be an easy way to lose track of notes.
  3. Use a planner, online calendar, whiteboard or ALL THREE. Personally, I like using all three. I track all of my due dates, events, and work hours using all three methods. This way, if I’m in class I have my planners, if I’m out, I have my phone, and if I’m home, I have my whiteboard calendar. This helps me hold myself accountable for all of the things I have to do. 
  4. Make a to-do list at the beginning of each week and prioritize by putting your most important tasks at the top and least important at the bottom. This will help you decide what to do first and what can wait. You can even include chores such as laundry, cleaning your room, and more!

These are just a few tips and tricks that help me stay on top of my game. If this does not work for you, then try something different! Just remember it’s better to have a plan rather than no plan! Organization is the key to success.

Written by Alexis K., a Rutgers—Camden Undergraduate Student and Raptor Ambassador.